Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Magazine Cover


To show our proficiency in Photoshop in my Ed Tech class, we had to create our own magazine cover. I thought I was going to struggle with it, since Photoshop has never been a strength for me, but it went surprisingly well! I thought I would share my final product, since it gives me a chance to brag up my awesome cat, Eddie.

He's pretty cute, huh? :)



The "Pet Talk" title was a background template that we were given in class, and we were also given the barcode to make it look more authentic. I made up the rest of the text on my own, and I put each group of words on a new layer in Photoshop. The "Cat of the Year!" box just a shape I inserted, and I messed with the settings to make it look like it was popping out at the reader.

If I wanted to incorporate this into my classroom, it would probably be best with an older group of students. They could have many weeks of learning how to use Photoshop, then this could be a final project. The magazine cover could be about themselves, their family, or a hobby they enjoy doing. I think this would make a pretty awesome project to hang on the fridge at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment