Thursday, October 4, 2012

Snow in October

It's October 4th, everyone. I'm reminding you just in case the snow this morning made you forget. I don't hate snow. I do, however, hate when my Fall is cut short! When I opened my shades this morning and saw a big white mess, I was sad to see that winter had already made an appearance.

As I was trudging through the slush to my first class, I was reminded of October snow storms from my childhood. As a kid, snow in October meant one thing: snow gear on Halloween. I remember countless fights with my mom about having to wear boots and my winter jacket with my costume. One year, I had to wear a turtle neck and long john pants with my beautiful, pink princess dress. "Princesses do NOT wear long johns!" I cried. Fortunately for my health, my mom did not budge, and I was forced to wear warm clothes. My mom always said, "They just don't make Halloween costumes for Midwest weather." She was definitely right.

Thankfully, some of the fall leaves are still left on the trees after this morning's unwanted weather.  I also heard that next week will be in the 60's again, so i guess it's just a classic case of North Dakota weather confusion. I'm happy to know that I have a little bit of time left to enjoy my favorite season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment