Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving

Man, am I thankful for Thanksgiving break! After some very stressful weeks in school and R.A-ing, it came exactly when I needed it. Unfortunately, it went by rather fast. Still, my family and I definitely made the most of the time we had. My mom, step dad, and I went Black Friday shopping on Thursday night, and it was a blast. Laughing as we tried to avoid the crazy shoppers, my mom and I made our way to the back of the store where all of the cheap movies were located. We went to town on those DVDs. Here's a picture of my stash:


I got the entire Harry Potter series for only $18! My family owns it already, but I would like to have a set that I can take with me when I have a place of my own. I don't think I've mentioned it on my blog before, but I am a HUGE HP fan. I was able to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter over spring break last year, and I almost cried from excitement. Now that I'm off on a random tangent, I'll share a picture of me geeking out in Florida. 


Yes, I actually paid $30.00 for a wand. I'm not ashamed! Hedwig was also worth another $30.00. 

Anyway, on Sunday, my mom and I spent a few hours in the kitchen baking and jamming to 80's music together. It was a wonderful way to spend my time at home. We made delicious chocolate chip cookies (I'm willing to wager that ours are the best), and some tasty molasses sugar cookies. The bag of chocolate chips had red and green as well as brown, so they were festive for the Christmas season.


I took a bunch of the cookies back to the hall with me so I could hand them out to my residents. They've been enjoying them, and so have I....I swear, I think I eat about 4 a day. They're just TOO GOOD.

Finally, before I left home, my mom let me put in a request for supper on Sunday night. I decided on a throwback to my childhood:


Kraft macaroni and cheese and pigs in a blanket! Well, technically they were turkeys in a blanket, because turkey-dogs are a bit healthier.  I topped this meal off with a glass of chocolate milk--perfection! With a full stomach and a happy heart, I drove back to Fargo with Christmas break in my sights. I'm now looking forward to three full weeks at home with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment